[Mailman-Users] Googlemail vs Gmail Bounce

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Tue Nov 10 20:13:14 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 08:29:44AM -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> The member can subscribe both addresses and set one to no mail, or you
> can hold non-member posts and when approving a post from a googlemail
> address of a gmail member (or vice versa) check the box to add the
> poster to the non-member Accepts filter.

Another, rather messy way *could* be to use find_members for
gmail/googlemail, pipe to a file, use sed to build the
counterparts, tr to replace \n with ', ', and then withlist to add 'em
to (accept|hold)_these_nonmembers... bonus points for using diff to
only do anything if there are changes to the find_members output.

I can't remember which of my list(s) had a few posters with this
'problem', but such a script shouldn't take too long to write (I don't
always commit 'trivial' scripts to my repo. mybad.)

"I am invariably puzzled by the attitude of Oxbridge to its
 ecclesiastical past. Hearing grace recited before dinner by
 people you know don’t believe a word of it seems to be
 considered quite normal."
   -- David Colquhoun