[Mailman-Users] Fake Email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 12 09:02:50 CET 2009

Hien HUYNH HUU wrote:

>Again about this issue ,
>    Please guide me how to configure Approve Header for email policy ? And  I wonder If using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express to send mail to list , can user set header for him ?

I am not an Outlook expert by any means, but I don't think Outlook
provides a way for a user to set custom headers.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/XIA9>, but be aware that if you
put the Approved: line in the body of the message, it must be the
first line of the first text/plain part of the message. This precludes
using the body line method in an HTML only email. It will work in a
multipart/alternative message that has a text/plain part, but in that
case, removal of the line and password from the non-text/plain
alternative parts is on a best effort basis and while generally
successful, is not guaranteed.