[Mailman-Users] How to monitor mailman transaction

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Nov 16 17:43:19 CET 2009

Hien HUYNH HUU wrote:

> Summary, I wish the mail list  will :
>    +  inject messages to MTA (QMAIL) faster and faster .
>    + I can log how many mails I can inject to MTA at the same time.

At the risk of being overly pedantic and redundant, Mailman doesn't
'inject' messages. It delivers them via SMTP, and the rate is pretty
much entirely determined by the MTA's response delays during SMTP.
I.e. making it faster is an MTA tuning/configuration issue, not a
Mailman issue.

Mailman's SMTPDirect.py writes ONE log message with the number of
recipients and time when it finishes it's delivery to the MTA of all
recipients. I don't know why you are unable to find this message in
Mailman's SMTP log, but it should be there.