[Mailman-Users] Email commands for list moderator

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Nov 28 17:01:06 CET 2009

Administrateur wrote:

>I'm using Mailman and would like to share some administrative actions
>to the moderator.
>
>Actually I can't find in any documentation the way for the list
>moderator to set the 'moderate' flag to a list member.

The moderate flag for a list member can only be SET from the list's
admin interface which requires login with the list admin or site
password.

The list moderator password if set and different from the admin
password allows only access to the admindb interface. In the admindb
interface, there is a checkbox to clear the poster's moderate flag
when a held post is from a moderated member, but there is no way to
set the flag.

The list can also be set to moderate new members by default (Privacy
options... -> Sender filters -> default_member_moderation), but there
is no way for someone with only the list moderator password to set a
members moderate flag.