[Mailman-Users] OT: Yahoo Deferrals

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 2 19:13:59 CEST 2009

Jeff Grossman wrote:

>I am running Mailman version 2.1.12.  I have full personalization turned
>on to help with bounces.  I have all of the verp options turned on:
>

>VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes
>
>VERP_PROBES = Yes
>
>VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = Yes

I can't add anything to what Stephen has said about your issue, but I
want to point out that you are missing the critical VERP setting which
is

VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1

and if you have this setting, all deliveries will be VERPed regardless
of any personalization settings.

Also, VERP_PROBES = Yes is really unnecessary if you are VERPing
deliveries, and it doesn't affect list mail anyway. What it says is
that when the bounce is processed that puts the user's score over the
threshold, instead of disabling that user's delivery and starting the
warning process, we reset the user's bounce information and send a
special VERPed probe to the user, and then we only disable that user's
delivery and start the warning process if and when the probe bounces.