[Mailman-Users] missing list / MAILMAN BACKUP

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 11 18:01:39 CEST 2009

Khalil Abbas wrote:

>now the question is.. I usually backup the lists members and the lists configuration (with config_list -o file) .. they were no use to me and I had to format the server.. and obviously I have to backup mailman itself to avoid this situation in the future.. so what files or directories should I backup??

Searching the FAQ <http://wiki.list.org/x/AgA3> for "backup" will give
some ideas.

Assuming a default source install, everything is in /usr/local/mailman/
- the subdirectories

bin      cron   mail     messages   scripts    tests
cgi-bin  icons  Mailman  pythonlib  templates

are static. Those that have changing contents are

archives  data  lists  locks  logs  qfiles  spam