[Mailman-Users] Apache Configuration for Mailman

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Oct 21 14:34:23 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 08:57:17AM -0400, Carlos Williams wrote:
> it advises me to do the following:
>
>   ScriptAlias /mailman/       /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
>
> When I add that line into my /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file, I get
> this error when I restart Apache:
>
> [root at mail conf]# service httpd restart
> Stopping httpd:                                            [OK]
> Starting httpd: [Tue Oct 06 14:51:49 2009] [warn] The ScriptAlias
> directive in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line 565 will probably
> never match because it overlaps an earlier ScriptAlias.

This is more of an Apache config thing.

Presuming all of your apache configs reside somewhere in /etc/httpd,
I'd probably be inclined to see where-else /mailman exists:

    grep -R mailman /etc/httpd/

-- I imagine another config file is including a "ScriptAlias
/mailman" stanza.

What happens when you try to access <http://example.org/mailman>?

--
The Boss: What makes you think my mother is a moron?
 Dilbert: She fed you.