[Mailman-Users] Cleaning up 'special' list...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 8 18:14:51 CEST 2009

tanstaafl at libertytrek.org wrote:

>I was thinking I would simply:
>
>1. Disable 'Emergency Moderation',

Why? Why not just send your post and then approve it?

>2. Send an email to the list members, informing them that I am cleaning
>up our lists,
>
>3. Re-enable 'Emergency Moderation',
>
>4. Watch for bounces and remove the bad addresses
>
>Is this the best way to do something like this?

If you set bounce_score_threshold to 1.0 or less and
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings to 0, Mailman will remove the bounces
automatically - at least the recognized ones.

Caveat: there is a bug in versions 2.1.11rc2 through 2.1.12rc2
inclusive, but not in 2.1.12 and not in 2.1.11rc1 and prior, that
causes bounce processing to fail if bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings =
0.