[Mailman-Users] Posting to a moderated list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Sep 12 02:33:53 CEST 2009

C Nulk wrote:

>Now, I know I shouldn't be asking but...  Is there a way to add on a
>list-specific basis an entry similar to mm_cfg.py entries that I can
>then use in a locally modified Handlers/Moderate.py to add an
>accept_these_nonmembers type check before the membership check?
>
>Basically, I want to add a  accept_these_special_posters config entry
>(list specific so I can use mlist....).  Then modify Moderate.py to do a
>matches_p(sender, mlist.accept_these_special_posters) before the if
>mlist.isMember(sender): statement.

You can add any list attributes you want. The quick and dirty way to do
it is to modify Moderate.py to check if
mlist.accept_these_special_posters exists and if so, do what you want.
Then you can maintain the accept_these_special_posters attribute for a
list with bin/withlist or bin/config_list.

The right way to do it is to also modify MailList.py to create the
accept_these_special_posters attribute for new lists with either an
empty value or a Defaults.py setting (empty would be appropriate for
this), modify Version.py to increment DATA_FILE_VERSION, modify
versions.py to add the default accept_these_special_posters attribute
to old lists that don't have it (based on DATA_FILE_VERSION), and
modify Gui/Privacy.py to add the attribute and help for it so you can
maintain it from the GUI.