[Mailman-Users] hide list address for security ..

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Sep 13 19:14:08 CEST 2009

Khalil Abbas wrote:

>is there a way to hide the list's address so instead of showing :
>

>from: listname-bounces at domain.com
>

>it shows the sender's email address only:
>

>From: sender at domain.com

This is an issue with Microsoft Outlook and perhaps other MUAs. See the
FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/RoA9> for more information on this.

Note that in order for bounce processing to work, the envelope sender
must be the listname-bounces address.

>I've been getting huge loads of spam on my lists' addresses so if u have this option please tell me how to do it otherwise please consider adding this feature for it will increase the list's security..

I don't see what this has to do with security or spam. It only has to
do with what some users see when they view list mail. It may cause
some users to reply to the wrong address depending on how brain-dead
their MUA is, and then the list owner may see the reply as an
unrecognized bounce, but that's all.