[Mailman-Users] Mailman : too fast when small ressources, how to make it slower

Kevin goacid at kurty.net
Sun Sep 20 19:15:31 CEST 2009

Hello,

I use mailman for around 3000 subscribers on a small VDS (virtual server
under Virtuozzo).
I've configured postfix to fork no more than 10 times to avoid aving to
many process (no more than 128 ... or my system become instable).
But It seems mailman is too fast to generate mails so that it use a lot
off kernel memory, too much for my VDS which cause a non sending of many
emails, memory is not allocate by Virtuozzo to my Vds.
Of course I can't reconfigure Virtuozzo parameters, so here is my point :

it there a way to configure mailman to send emails to a list slower than
normal ?

I was thinking of sending mails per packets, for example 100 by 100, in
a predifined period of time, but I haven't found how to configure
mailman for that ...

I'm quit new in mailman by I haven't found the answer yet, usually
people want that mailman generates and sends mail faster ... That is not
my case :(

Thanks for your precious help.

Kévin