[Mailman-Users] mmfold.py with MM 2.1.12

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Sep 26 22:04:52 CEST 2009

Rob Lingelbach wrote:

>I did find a version at http://smontanaro.dyndns.org/python/
>mmfold.py .  but it returns the following error with Mailman 2.1.12:
>
>rob at soho89-16-227-18 20:03 pts/1 /var/www/mailman/bin# ./mmfold.py http://path.to.mailman.list.admin
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./mmfold.py", line 181, in ?
>     sys.exit(main())
>   File "./mmfold.py", line 64, in main
>     lst = x.path.split("/")[-1]

Did it say what the exception was?

>My goal in using it is to have more command-line options in admin of a
>mailman list.
>
>Does anyone have the most recent version, or perhaps a clue why the
>version I have, as retrieved at  http://smontanaro.dyndns.org/python/mmfold.py
>   fails?

It works for me with both Python 2.5.2 and 2.6.1.

I did make one change at line 173 I dropped a slash so it reads

        webbrowser.open("file://" + htmlfile)

Links didn't like file:////tmp/... as a URL.

Also if you supply the password in the command line, you probably need
to escape the '?' for the shell as in

$ ./mmfold.py http://www.grizz.org/mailman/admindb/list\?admpw=...