[Mailman-Users] SMS and reply to: problem

Danny Morris home at meandthekids.com
Thu Sep 24 22:46:21 CEST 2009

Hello,
We are using Mailman thru a provider but are having problems
that their tech support can not help us with so I hoping you might be
able to.

We are a volunteer search and rescue group here in
Virginia and have been having a hard time with our callout system for
searches. We decided to try a mailing list but are stuck with this
problem. Dispatch will send out an email to the list that in turn will
go out to all members (to cellphones via SMS as well as their email) to
check their availability. They will respond back to dispatch with times
etc. Where this breaks down is SMS. Email works fine but the address
that shows up on their cells is bouces-listserve at listserve.com Our list is named k9alert at listserve.com and the reply to: address is set to be the posters address.

Can you please help with this? Or maybe forward it to someone that can? Our
ability to contact group members in a timely and reliable fasion is
hugely important to what we do.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Danny Morris

>From the computer of