[Mailman-Users] Automatic newlist integration with Postfix's relay_recipient_maps

Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez roman at rs-labs.com
Tue Sep 29 19:20:06 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'd like to know if the following (known) problem is solved... The question
is simple: how to integrate mailman with postfix in a secure way (no
backscattering!!!) so that I could create a new list via mailman's UI
*without* having to manually re-create (& refresh) a relay_recipient_maps
(hash) file?

AFAIK, genaliases output is not valid for this task since
relay_recipient_maps expects something like:
user at domain.tld
user2 at domain2.tld
(i.e. it should contain full email addresses, while genaliases generates
only usernames without the domain part).

Any optimal solution for this?

I think some people has his/her own script to build the recipient_maps by
processing genaliases output, but it seems a bit "dirty" for me...
Moreover, I'm using mailman's virtualhosts so it should calculate the right
(virtual) domain for all existant lists. If that's the only solution I'd
also like to have a look to your scripts.

But sincerely, this being a common&known problem, I think it should have
been solved long time ago and thus have a propper solution...

Thanks in advance.

--

Saludos,
-Roman

PGP Fingerprint:
09BB EFCD 21ED 4E79 25FB  29E1 E47F 8A7D EAD5 6742
[Key ID: 0xEAD56742. Available at KeyServ]