[Mailman-Users] Mailman, SPAM (Spamassassin) and Plesk

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 19 16:06:12 CEST 2010

Brian Luria wrote:
>The server has a mailman installation on it. I am trying to configure SPAM
>protection. I have Spamassassin installed and enabled on the server
>What I am having difficulty with is finding documentation on interfacing
>with the Spamassassin installation via the Plesk control panel. There are
>some minor settings under SPAM filtering, however I cannot figure out where
>the messages would go if they are tagged as SPAM or any sort of approval

Spamassassin doesn't do that. See

SpamAssassin adds headers to the message and possibly tags the Subject:

Examples of added headers are

Within Mailman, you can use header_filter_rules to detect and act on
these headers. For example, to discard messages with SA scores >= 10
and hold the remaing messages with scores >=5, you would use a rule
with regexp

and action Discard, and a rule with regexp

and action Hold.