[Mailman-Users] List all users on one page

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 22 05:08:56 CEST 2010

Brian Luria

>Where is the best place for me to start understanding terminal commands like
>you list there. I am honestly not even sure where to start. I am only used
>to the web based interface.

The FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/z4A9> lists the commands and what
they do.

Each command has a --help option that gives the usage and options for
the command.

The two most useful commands for manipulating non GUI things or things
for all lists at once are bin/withlist and bin/config_list. Withlist
can run Python scripts against one or all lists and can invoke an
interactive Python interpreter with a list instance that can be
examined and changed interactively, but this requires both Python
knowledge and some knowledge of Mailman internals.

bin/config_list is more "friendly". For example, in this case you would
just create a file containing the single line

admin_member_chunksize = 100

or whatever number you need, and run

  bin/config_list --inputfile /path/to/above/file listname