[Mailman-Users] Block reply to all

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Apr 30 20:03:26 CEST 2010

Schwartz, Robert - IS wrote:
> Does anyone know a way to block a reply to all?  I would like my users to not be able to reply to all to post a message.  If the want to post a message, they should post it not just reply to a previous message.

As others have said, I'm not sure this is a good idea, unless your goal
is to annoy your users and impede communication.  But one thing that
would have the side-effect of blocking a reply-to-all is changing the
list settings so that the list only accepts mails if there is exactly
one recipient.

You can do this under Privacy Options -> Recipient Filters
Set "Ceiling on acceptable number of recipients for a posting." to 1

Then anyone hitting reply-to-all will get a message saying that their
message is held because there are too many recipients, since any
reply-to-all will include both the sender address and the list address.

  Terri