[Mailman-Users] Multiple mailing list admin with a single login

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri Aug 13 17:36:30 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:50:35PM +0100, Steff Watkins wrote:
> is there a way to setup a user login so that once they've logged in
> they'd automatically have admin/moderator rights over certain selected
> lists without having to log in to each list individually?

Not currently, to my knowledge. Well, not as standard, without
codeing.

However, that's not to say there isn't at least one way to do things.

For example:

    https://secure.mysociety.org/cvstrac/rlog?f=mysociety/lists/web-admin/lists/mailmanlogin.cgi

(and other things in the mysociety/lists tree)

may be of some use, but note, I've not pushed (and currently don't
have the time to push) patches to a more-recent Mailman (either
sources, or Debian packaged) version.

It's *one* way to do things...

Using the mySoc approach, it could then be down to a *Match (for
Apache) directive to permit groups/users access to the various
/mailman/admin/$REGEXP lists... (rather than our approach of just
using one group access to all lists).

--
"Actually, he's a libertarian, which, as near as I can tell,
 is just a Republican who doesn't believe in God."