[Mailman-Users] question about rotating logs from FAQ

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 20:53:55 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Mailman. I had been using a
change in /Mailman/Logging/Logger.py to rename logfiles with the *.log
extension. This was as suggested from the Mailman FAQ:

http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030580

So, I modified the file as specified and restarted Mailman. Here is the
result. It looks like it has a problem with the punctuation in the added
line (the last line). This specifically mentions version 2.1.9, so is this
still doable with version 2.1.13?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mailmanctl", line 107, in ?
    from Mailman import Utils
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 56, in ?
    from Mailman.Logging.Syslog import syslog
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Syslog.py", line 25, in ?
    from Mailman.Logging.StampedLogger import StampedLogger
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 20, in ?
    from Mailman.Logging.Logger import Logger
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 46
self.__filename \+= '.log'
                                   ^