[Mailman-Users] Mailman and htdig - blank search page

Scott Race scott at 916networks.com
Mon Aug 23 23:23:16 CEST 2010

I think I am having a problem with the htdig seach templates.  On my old installation, I had a bunch of .html files in /etc/htdig - short.html, wrapper.html, etc....those files do not exist on my new installation.

I copied them over from the old server to the new, rebooted, but same issue with a blank search page.  I checked the /etc/htdig/htdig.conf file and it says the common directory is /usr/share/htdig - that directory does not exist for me.

So I hacked my .conf file in /usr/local/mailman/htdig to point directly to the templates that I copied over:

template_map: Long long /etc/htdig/long.html \
               Short short /etc/htdig/short.html

template_name: short

I do indeed get search results now.  The results are not pretty - images don't appear and a few other problems - but - I get something.

Any basic tips to fix my templates or maybe what might be wrong with my common_dir variable?

Thanks!