[Mailman-Users] Odd problem changing admins and mods passwords
measl at mfn.org
Sat Aug 28 08:25:58 CEST 2010
I just changed a list from a bunch of admins to an admin and a
bunch of moderators, by following the instructions (pretty simple
actually). Just to be sure...:
1. Changed the site and creator passwords using shell commands
2. Logged in to list with soon to be stale admin passwd
3. Moved the mods from "administrators" to "moderators"
4. At password screen, entered new admin password
5. At password screen, entered new mod password
6. Tested that both new sets of credentials work as expected
7. Tested old (original) admin password, and to my horror, it works on
both admin and on moderator screens!
What did I miss?
Thanks, as always!
"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."
Joseph Pulitzer, 1907 Speech
More information about the Mailman-Users