[Mailman-Users] Mails to list missing in clustered environment.

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:23:27 CET 2010

Hi,

I've managed to set up Mailman now (thanks Igor and Mark for all the
help) clustered and with the vhost patch. But I'm having an odd
problem. I'm not seeing a pattern to this, but some messages go
through Postfix and are delivered to mailman and then nothing. Nothing
in the Mailman logs and the message just disappears.

Those that do go through are delivered to all members of the list and
are archived. They are also logged as per normal.

I was wondering whether the shared qfiles might have something to do with it?
I've got the section below in my mm_cfg.py:
QRUNNERS = [
        ('ArchRunner',     5,0,5), # messages for the archiver
        ('BounceRunner',   5,0,5), # for processing the qfile/bounces directory
        ('CommandRunner',  5,0,5), # commands and bounces from the outside world
        ('IncomingRunner', 5,0,5), # posts from the outside world
        ('NewsRunner',     5,0,5), # outgoing messages to the nntpd
        ('OutgoingRunner', 5,0,5), # outgoing messages to the smtpd
        ('VirginRunner',   5,0,5), # internally crafted (virgin birth) messages
        ('RetryRunner',    5,0,5), # retry temporarily failed deliveries
]

The other 2 servers I've installed so far (the 2 mail gateways) are
5,3,5 and 5,4,5. The other 2 web servers don't have mailman installed
yet.
Is that config correct for 5 servers?

--
Don't just do something...sit there!