[Mailman-Users] Mails to list missing in clustered environment.

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 09:45:20 CET 2010

Hi Mark,

On 5 February 2010 20:01, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>>1) Invitation/subscription confirmation emails go out with a link in
>>this format: http://lists.domain2.net/confirm/test/526cfbe0f5e7836315ee5f17444aaae885500318
>>
>>lists.domain2.net is a virtual host and listed in mm_cfg.py.
>>
>>Is this easily patched post or pre compile or is it a bit more complex
>>than that?
>
> The initial portion of that URL is the list's web_page_url attribute.
> This is established at list creation time by interpolating the lists
> URL host into DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN. It can be changed with fix_url (see
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9>).
>
> I'm not sure what you want when you ask if it's easily patched. What do
> you want?

Finally figured that one out. There was nothing wrong with the link
itself. We have multiple web servers and I was getting a 404 with the
link because it was going to a web server that didn't have mailman on
it yet. Another dumb on my part. Sorry!

> Every directory in the /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/ path must be
> searchable by the web server. Where people normally go wrong is
> setting g-x on /var/lib/mailman/archives/private itself without making
> it owned by the web server. See the warning box at
> <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node9.html>.

That was it! Must have been changed at some point during all the
fiddling I've been doing!

Thanks very much Mark!

--
Don't just do something...sit there!