[Mailman-Users] password reminder password is wrong

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 12 16:14:59 CET 2010

Hicks, Robert CTR wrote:

>I added myself to the same list...went to my page sent a password reminder back to myself. It sent the same password [good]. I then used that password to login and manage my account and it worked [good].
>
>Could this be a problem with older mailman vs newer mailman and the way it stores passwords?

No. User passwords are stored in cleartext.

This is more likely a case of the password having changed since the
reminder was sent. What happens if the users requests another reminder?

Note that "bin/dumpdb lists/LISTNAME/config.pck" will show you the
lists passwords dictionary and all the users passwords.