[Mailman-Users] Is There a list member limitation?

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Fri Jan 15 18:07:51 CET 2010

On 15-Jan-2010, at 09:24, Goodman, William wrote:
> I had a user send an email to one of our lists (approx. 700 email
> address), he states that some users received them about (450) and other did not. Is there a email address limitation or member limitation?

Not in Mailman.

There are many reasons that a mail may not be received by some members of a list.

1) Spam filters on their machines that trap the mail as spam
2) limitations on your sending server on how many emails you can send to how many people in what amount of time
3) Your server is on an RBL
4) THEIR server is on an RBL
5) They DID receive the mail, they just can't find it
6) DNS issues (yours or theirs)

There are probably other things.

--
Gods don't like people not doing much work. People who aren't busy all the time might start to think. --Small Gods