[Mailman-Users] Archives

Young, Darren Darren.Young at chicagobooth.edu
Wed Jan 20 20:38:49 CET 2010

I've enabled archives on a mailing list with the following:
archive = yes
archive_private = public
archive_volume_frequency = Monthly

And the /pipermail/ URL points to /usr/local/mailman/archives/public
(httpd.conf stuff):

ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/

<Directory "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/">
    AllowOverride All
    Options Indexes
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/mailman/archives/public>
    Options FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

However, in /usr/local/mailman/archives/public there's no directories
and in the browser I get a URL not found error. I've posted a couple
messages to the list and they're being delivered to members so how/when
are the archives created?

Darren Young
Systems & Security Architect
Computing Services