[Mailman-Users] fun with hostnames.

Pennington, John penningt at uchastings.edu
Tue Jan 26 21:37:35 CET 2010

Hi All,

We are trying to configure a setup that would set the list server
addresses to be a different hostname than the  URL  host and admin pages
use.

For example if we had a machine named foo.interest.com  with a DNS alias
for fooalias.interest.com ,  we want our admin pages look to like this.

But we want users to send email to:

Does anyone know how to do this?

I tried  to configure  mm_cfg.py like the following:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'fooalias.interest.com'

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'foo.interest.com'

And it is mostly working. However the machine is still accepting mail
from people who send to: