[Mailman-Users] many shunted messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 7 16:34:19 CEST 2010

geraud.guibert at free.fr wrote:
>got many shunted messages in the mailman qfiles with
>most of them that indicate
>'listname': 'list1' OR 'list2' ... 'listN',
>'tolist': 1,
>'whichq' /.../qfiles/archive
>as far as i understand it, doesn't this means that the
>corresponding mails are in error due to archiving process/mailqueue ?!

Yes, the whichq value says the messages were shunted during processing
by ArchRunner.

>on the other way, all the impacted lists are not eligible to archive (desactived)

Strange because if the list's 'archive' setting is No, the ToArchive
handler in the incoming pipeline will not queue the message in the
archive queue in the first place.

>isn't there any trouble in my situation ?
>or i must certainly have missed something

What is in Mailman's error log corresponding to the times these
messages were shunted?