[Mailman-Users] many shunted messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 7 16:34:19 CEST 2010

geraud.guibert at free.fr wrote:

>got many shunted messages in the mailman qfiles with
>most of them that indicate
>'listname': 'list1' OR 'list2' ... 'listN',
>'tolist': 1,
>'whichq' /.../qfiles/archive
>
>as far as i understand it, doesn't this means that the
>corresponding mails are in error due to archiving process/mailqueue ?!

Yes, the whichq value says the messages were shunted during processing
by ArchRunner.

>on the other way, all the impacted lists are not eligible to archive (desactived)
>:-(

Strange because if the list's 'archive' setting is No, the ToArchive
handler in the incoming pipeline will not queue the message in the
archive queue in the first place.

>isn't there any trouble in my situation ?
>or i must certainly have missed something
>;-)

What is in Mailman's error log corresponding to the times these
messages were shunted?