[Mailman-Users] Recipient address rejected: User unknown invirtualmailbox table

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Fri Jul 9 15:39:38 CEST 2010

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, franc walter wrote:

>        % chown mailman:mailman data/aliases*
>        % chmod g+w data/aliases*
> "
>
> Ubuntu uses "list" and not "mailman". I hope this is not a problem.

You will need to chown these files as list.list or at least root.list.

> I thought if the packager (Ubuntu in my case) make such a package available,
> i just have to install it and all is well, but it is not like this.

This is why I recommended reading the entire manual, skiping only the
sections which are obviously irrelevant.

For example, the manual will tell you about check_perms.  This script is
very useful, and good to run at various points during your setup to make
sure that everyone is happy.

Geoff.