[Mailman-Users] upgrading from version 2.1.9 to latest availableversion

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 23 04:58:24 CEST 2010

Chad Rebuck wrote:

>I realized today that the unsubscribe via web page feature of version 2.1.9
>is not working for my list.  Maybe it is a known bug or something that just
>doesn't work for my site due to previous upgrades.

In what way does it not work? Are you talking about the unsubscribe
check box on the list admin Membership List page or the unsubscribe
from the user options login page or the unsubscribe from the user
options page after login?

What happens when you try to do it?

>The list is very low volume so upgrading it has not been a priority.  I
>would like to understand how much effort is involved in upgrading from
>version 2.1.9 to the latest available.
>
>I am running fedora 5 if that matters.

If you installed 2.1.9 from RPM, it is rather intricate to upgrade to a
non-RedHat RPM version because of RedHat's modifications to support
FHS.

An RPM upgrade should be very simple if there is a post 2.1.9 fedora
RPM.