[Mailman-Users] Problem regarding creating mailing list

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Tue Jul 27 20:24:47 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 05:57:13PM +0530, sandeep kumar wrote:

> does the owner requires any privelages .

You'll need to be able to write to the appropriate directories, and
probably have a sane umask.

(In my case, I interact with Mailman from a user account which is a
member of the 'list' or 'mailman' groups (so I don't need to su), and
has a umask of 0002. YMMV.)

--
``Bernard: It's another of those irregular verbs. I hold
  confidential briefings, you leak, he's been charged