[Mailman-Users] limitation in name of the account between the mail client and mailman?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 30 05:48:29 CEST 2010

On 7/29/2010 3:33 AM, Esteban Torres wrote:

> RHEL 5.3 postfix-2.3.3 mailman-2.1.9
>

> I have a problem with the mail client (thunderbird and Outlook
> Express). When sending an email to the list from the mail client and
> the client has set the name of the big personal information does not
> commands. I get this error:
>
> July 29 11:53:10 2010 (29 383) All recipients Refused: ('=?
> Iso-8859-1? Q? Administrative = f3n_of_system_and_configurati? =':
> (550, '5 .1.1 <=? Iso-8859-1? q? administrative =
> f3n_of_system_and_configurati? =>: Recipient address rejected: User
> unknown in relay recipient table ')), msgid:
> <mailman.70.1280397189.29381.support_tec at test.es> July 29 11:53:10
> 2010 (29 383) delivery to =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Administrative =
> f3n_of_system_and_configurati? = Failed with code 550: 5.1.1 <=?
> Iso-8859-1? Q? Administrative = f3n_of_system_and_configurati ? =>:
> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table

The client is trying to send to the address "Administrativeón of system
and configurati" instead of some address like "listname at example.com"

This is strictly a mail client issue. It has nothing to do with Mailman
as far as I can see.

I do not understand what "the client has set the name of the big
personal information does not commands" means, but perhaps this has
something to do with it.

> If I send from squirrelmail works fine.
>
> If the name of the account of the personal information I set it up
> shorter length also works perfect.
>
> Is there any length limitation in name of the account between the
> mail client and mailman?

Are you saying the list name is "Administrativeón of system and
configurati..."?  If so, the list name can't contain spaces, but there
is no Mailman limitation on the length of the listname.