[Mailman-Users] about address format

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 30 06:30:18 CEST 2010

Sandi Gruver wrote:

>She is unable to do so globally, received this message:
>> Bad email address provided Member name successfully changed.

There should be no reason why Mailman would not accept an address of
the form username at mail.xxx.edu for a global or individual list address
change from the user's options page.

>The email address you supplied is not valid. (E.g. it must contain an`@'.)

I'm only guessing here, but it seems she is not actually providing an
email address of the form username at mail.xxx.edu. She is providing an
invalid address which is syntactically invalid for some reason other
than the domain's being mail.xxx.edu.

>Any suggestions for this type of mail address?  (Didn't find anything helpful in the archives)
>... and, yes I can manually subscribe her.

And can you subscribe her mail.xxx.edu address using the methods that
she is using (subscribe from the list's listinfo page)?