[Mailman-Users] Unexplained unsubscribes of yahoo.com emailaddresses

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 1 18:08:20 CET 2010

J.R. Constance wrote:
>I was surprised at these unsubscribes because it has been almost 4 weeks since any messages have gone out to this list, and I had removed any queued mail from the queue server several weeks ago.

The bouncing member's delivery is disabled by bounce processing and if
requested a notice of the disable with the triggering bounce attached
is sent to the list owner. From that point forward, the process is
totally controlled by cron/disabled. Posts or the lack thereof are
irrelevant. If the member's delivery is not re-enabled manually by the
member or a list admin, the member will be unsubscribed after
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings times
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval days (default 21).

Thus, when a member is unsubscribed by bounce processing this normally
occurs weeks after the member's delivery was disabled.