[Mailman-Users] Permission Denied errors

Beyer, Clay clay.beyer at nkadd.org
Thu Mar 4 22:42:40 CET 2010

-rw------- 1 mailman crontab  /var/spool/cron/crontabs/mailman
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root /etc/cron.d/maiman

Those are the two places you mentioned.

Beyer, Clay wrote:
>How do I make the cron user (im too much of a newbie for this to be a
>policy manager ;)) able to write to the directory, I'm not very fluent
>messing with users, yet...

Mailman's crontab should be installed so it either belongs to the
mailman user (which I think is 'list' in your case) or runs as the
mailman user. I.e. it should be in /var/spool/cron/list or if it is in
/etc/cron.d/ (e.g. /etc/cron.d/mailman), it should have a field in
between the 5 date/time fields and the command containing 'list'.

So where is Mailman's crontab?