[Mailman-Users] Mailman bug or browser behaviour?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 6 19:13:23 CET 2010

Geoff Shang wrote:

>I've noticed that if I go to pending Moderator requests and approve a
>message from a particular user, if I leave the resulting page open which
>says "Click here to reload this page" and another message from that user
>comes through which requires approval, if I click to reload the page, the
>message is automatically approved and I'm told there are no pending
>requests.

I think it is a bug, but I don't think the scenario is exactly as you
describe.

I think the second message from the same user arrives after you go to
the pending requests page but before you submit the approval.

Then you submit the approval from the summary page which is an approval
for all messages from that user, and the second message gets the same
action as the one you saw.

If this is the case, you can avoid the problem by clicking the number
next to the Subject:, or clicking the "view all messages from
<address>" link to get the message detailed view and approve the
message(s) from there.

The underlying problem is that the data posted from the summary page
says "apply the selected action to all messages from this user" rather
than "apply the selected action to all messages from this user that
were displayed on the page".