[Mailman-Users] Apache > Mailman VHost Config - WAS: Re: Changing host names, revisited... POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue May 4 18:09:08 CEST 2010

Splitting this off since it's a separate issue...

On 2010-05-03 6:24 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 5/3/2010 2:05 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On 2010-05-03 12:32 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>> What about web server changes for the lists.example.com vs.
>>> myhost.example.com change (there may not be any), and DNS for the
>>> lists.example.com domain?

>> I've already got the DNS setup... but this question made me realize,
>> there isn't any vhost file set up for mailman access, and its been a
>> long time since I originally set this up (with some help from someone
>> else who apparently only knew a little more than I did - ;) ...
>>
>> The current list management pages are at the address:
>>
>> https://myhost.example.com/mailman/...
>>
>> I looked at /etc/apache2/modules.d/50_mailman.conf, but it doesn't show
>> anything about my hostname, so, what controls the root directory?

> There is a ScriptAlias for mailman. If it is in a global section of
> httpd.conf, it's OK as is.

It isn't... :(

> If it is in a VirtualHost block for myhost.example.com, it will have
> to be moved/added to a VirtualHost block for lists.example.com.

It isn't... :(

I've also traced every virtual host file, starting with httpd.conf, and
everything in /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/, and I don't see anything providing
a virtual host block for mailman.

> Likewise for any pipermail Alias and any Directory blocks relating
> to Mailman directories.

Where would I find these?

<sigh>