[Mailman-Users] attachments dir question

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu May 6 03:44:25 CEST 2010

Savoy, Jim writes:

 > I was wondering what it is that determines if a message has "scrubbed
 > attachments".

The options you have set for filtering and the MIME structure of the
message does.  One possible explanation of your observation is that
for some reason the first message had only a text/html part, and
Mailman scrubbed it, while the second had both text/plain and
text/html parts, so that the text/plain part was retained as is and
the text/html discarded entirely.

 > why would there be inconsistencies between the message I posted
 > just now and the one I posted 2 days ago?

Most likely, because the structures of the messages created by your
MUA were different.

To determine for sure what's going on we'd need to know the exact
settings of your content filtering options, and see the raw messages
including all headers from the
mailman/archives/private/LIST.mbox/LIST.mbox file.