[Mailman-Users] {RW-Spam?} New install problems

Dave Filchak submit at zuka.net
Sat May 15 17:53:42 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

I had mailman installed on a server that crashed badly. So, I have
installed a fresh copy of mailman on a new server, or at least a new
server for mailman. This server is the main mail server and secondary
DNS server. Initially, the original mailman was installed an another
server which was our secondary mail server and primary DNS server. So,
essentially, I had to create mail aliases so that mail sent to any of
the lists, were forwarded over to this now missing server for processing
by mailman. Now, with the new install of mailman, it still seems to be
trying to forward to the old server and I cannot find out where this is
happening. We use postfix with all the email accounts stored in MySQL
and Postfix admin as the front end to that. I can find no instances of a
alias/forward to the old server and our aliases in
/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases is correct. There is not such reference
in /etc/aliases as well.

I had no trouble setting up the new list and received no errors.

Anyone perhaps have an idea what might be going on here and possible
ways to troubleshoot this?

Dave