[Mailman-Users] Large list and delivery concerns

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Wed Nov 10 19:17:57 CET 2010

Hi all,

Ok, I have dealt with several Mailman lists in the past, however, all have been relatively small number of subscribers (around 60 subscribers being the limit, with around 2-3 messages per day).

However, I have now taken on a list of around 350 subscribers receiving around 10-20 posts a day, and wonder what the most efficient way is to send the messages?

I am currently using the default of Mailman sending out the message to the MTA (default Debian Exim on localhost) as one message with lots of recipients.

Is it best to fan out these deliveries into more than one message by changing SMTP_MAX_RCPTS and using more than one connection by changing SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION?
Any other suggestions?

It has gone well so far, the only issue being initially blocked by Yahoo mail servers, however, I am dealing with this separately.

Thanks.
Andrew.