[Mailman-Users] post as administrator

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 19 16:24:45 CET 2010

MK wrote:
>Okay, I've resolved this by unsubscribing myself then adding
>my address to the "List of non-member addresses whose postings should
>be automatically accepted".

As you have seen, the list owner is not a member by default and has no
special posting privileges. See the FAQ at

What you have done works OK, but it is subject to unauthorized posts
from someone spoofing your address which will be well known if your
list is not anonymous. A more secure way to post is to not put your
address in accept_these_nonmembers, and post with an Approved:
<password> header. See the "How to post to the announcement list"
section at <http://wiki.list.org/x/3YA9>.