[Mailman-Users] Cannot set digest mode via URL

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 3 17:46:41 CEST 2010

Geoff Shang wrote:

>On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Brad Knowles wrote:
>
>> I'm sure Mark will correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you stopped and
>> restarted Mailman after making the chunksize change?  I don't think that
>> this is something that is baked into the list when it's created, but is
>> instead something that can be changed after-the-fact, and all that
>> should be required is a restart.
>
>I doubt this needs a restart, as member chunk size is something a list
>owner can change on the admin pages.

Geoff is correct. admin_member_chunksize is a list attribute and simply
changing a list attribute never requires a restart. Further, in this
case, we are dealing with CGIs, and the CGI scripts are always loaded
as a new process by the web server, so changes that affect only the
CGI scripts don't require a restart either.