[Mailman-Users] Cannot set digest mode via URL

W. Curtis Preston curtis at backupcentral.com
Fri Sep 3 20:10:44 CEST 2010

All I can say is http://www.backupcentral.com/ha.mp3 !!!!

It works!  Thank you so much for your help with this!

The following URL will set an existing user's digest flag on and nothing
else:
http://domain.com/mailman/admin/listname/members?user=user%2540gmail.com&user%2540gmail.com_digest=1&setmemberopts_btn=1&adminpw=password

The opposite (digest=0) doesn't turn it off.  I don't need it for me, but I
am curious about your thoughts on that, as I plan to help update the FAQ
with what we've learned here.

The other tip you gave also works:
http://<domain>/mailman/admin/

> <list>/members/add?subscribe_or_invite=0&send_welcome_msg_to_this_batch=0&send_notifications_to_list_owner=0&subscribees=
> user at example.com&user=user%2540example.com
> &user%2540example.com_digest=1&user%2540example.com_nodupes=1&user%2540example.com_plain=1&setmemberopts_btn=1&adminpw=<password>

That does indeed subscribe them and set them to digest mode.  That will
simplify my code.

Did I mention this is what I'm hearing: http://www.backupcentral.com/ha.mp3??

Thanks, Mark.  Your internal knowledge of Mailman was really needed to
figure this out.  You could have just said "Dude, that's not really how
Mailman was meant to be used..."  but you didn't.  Thank you, thank you,
thank you.