[Mailman-Users] Creating an invite-only list

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Mon Sep 6 16:31:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

Sorry if this is a bit thick, but I can't see what I want to do in the Mailman interface or FAQ.

I want to create a mailing list such that the subscribe mechanisms will give a message to the users that this list is for invited members only, and the subscription request will not be held for moderation.

I initially configured the banned addresses in the ban_list section by entering in the regular expression "^.*$", however, now we can't subscribe anyone manually to the list, which is the only way we want to add people anyway.

Is there any way of doing this without having a tonne of subscription requests in the moderation queue?

Thanks.
Andrew.