[Mailman-Users] Emergency Moderate question

Rob pennguin at mac.com
Tue Feb 1 22:05:31 CET 2011

I am running v2.1.13 on Mac OS X Server 10.5.8; all works well, I have many lists running with virtual hosts for several organizations.

I noticed a strange behavior recently. One list was set to "Emergency Moderate" all traffic. For this one list, I (as administrator) did not receive the customary notification of held e-mails until the following day, when the daily reminder message would notify me that the message was still waiting to be approved/denied.

Turning off "Emergency Moderate" restored behavior to normal, and I now receive immediate notification of held posts.

All other lists work fine with respect to moderated / held messages, none of them have 'Emergency Moderate' on.

I am trying to understand this behavior and was curious if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks,

-Rob