[Mailman-Users] Umbrella list - sublist authentication foradministrators

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 3 23:19:14 CET 2011

Jack R. Madderra

>I have a mailman umbrella list that was changed recently to show the original senders email address for reply directly to the sender.  The problem we have now is that when the sub list receives the posting, the list administrator(s) receive notification for approval if the sender is not a member or on the accepted senders list of the sublist.
>
>The umbrella list is already in the accepted senders list.  Is there a setting that will allow the emails to traverse to the sublists without adding all employee emails to the allowed senders list?  A wildcard entry *.mydomain.com is not an accepted solution to this either.

If you are not VERPing deliveries, adding
UMBRELLALISTNAME-bounces at mydomain.com as a member of the sub-lists
with delivery disabled should work.

If you set USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = Yes in mm_cfg.py, you can instead put
this address in accept_these_nonmembers.

If you are VERPing, the address to use needs to be
UMBRELLALISTNAME-bounces+SUBLISTNAME=mydomain.com at mydomain.com, i.e.
the VERPed sender of the post from the umbrella to the sublist.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/boA9>.