[Mailman-Users] why "bounces"??????

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 7 08:50:12 CET 2011

David Arthur wrote:

>Subscribers posting messages receive a message back saying their message is being held waiting for approval by the moderator.
>I receive a message advising me there is a message awaiting approval.
>However, the message the poster receives has the following in the From: box
>
>From: <eeonlist-bounces at lists.eeon.org>
>
>Why is the word "bounces" there?

In general, we can't really send it From: <eeonlist at lists.eeon.org>
because the recipient might reply to it resulting in another message
to the list.

It is sent from the -bounces address mainly for historical reasons. It
would be better to send it from the -owner address.

I have created a bug report at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/714424> for this issue and
will fix it.