[Mailman-Users] {Disarmed} Re: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 13 01:55:13 CET 2011

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

>2011/1/13 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>
>

>> I don't see
>>
>> local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       local
>>
>> in the above. Is that a complete listing of master.cf? If so, add the
>> above line and reload Postfix and see if that helps.
>>

>it is there, i did not paste all of master.cf. So i guess reloading postfix
>won't do.

Right, at least assuming you did reload Postfix after editing main.cf.

You have exceeded my knowledge of Postfix. As far as I can see, you
have the generated /etc/mailman/transport_mailman referenced in
Postfix main.cf transport_maps =, and this should be specifying the
'local' transport for list mail, but the maillog shows 'relay=dovecot'
(if it still does - have you verified this for the latest
configuration?). If by chance, the current error in the maillog does
not specify relay=dovecot, you can post that error as it may help.

But, if this mail is being handled by the dovecot transport instead of
the local transport, I don't know why. You might try the postfix-users
list <http://www.postfix.org/lists.html> or the dovecot list
there can help.