[Mailman-Users] mails to lists are passed erroneously to cyrus

Egon Frerich egon at frerich.eu
Wed Jul 6 20:37:35 CEST 2011

My Postfix is on an host without a real Internet hostname. So the domain
name in my main.cf is a fake:

myhostname = Cup.freu.ih
mydestination = Cup, $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain, localhost

Mailman-lists are managed with a real domain name. In main.cf I say:

virtual_alias_domains = schwach.de
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1

I put 'virtual-mailman' into alias_maps too:

alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman, hash:/etc/aliases

transport contains:

schwach.de mailman:

In master.cf there is an entry:

mailman   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=FR user=list argv=/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py
  ${nexthop} ${user}

The list is called 'v'.

If I send a mail to v at schwach.de via my local email account mailman
delivers the mail to the list members.

But if I send this mail via an external email account then the mail is
handled by cyrus and I get this message:

verify_user(user.fetchmail) failed: Mailbox does not exist

Why is the email handled by cyrus?

Thanks for any help.

Egon Frerich