[Mailman-Users] Rerouting "announce" replies to "talk" automatically

Ken Winter ken at sunward.org
Sun Jul 10 05:34:27 CEST 2011

Thank you, Mark!! ~

It worked!

I set up your spam rule, set it to "Reject" matching messages, then tried to
reply-to-all to an "announce" message.  I've never been so happy to receive
a response saying "Message rejected by filter rule match"!  And my reply was
delivered to the "talk" list with no problem.

Then I set the anti-spam action to "Discard".  Now Mailman smoothly reroutes
the reply-to-all to "talk" and silently discards the one addressed to
"announce", exactly as desired.

One more nice thing:  "Announce" is a moderated list (for messages from all
members).  But the spam-filter trick doesn't even bother the moderator with
a "post requires approval" when the post is an unwanted reply.  Perfect.

~ Thanks again
~ Ken